Thursday, January 08, 2009

New Year A'hoy!

Yes, people! 2009 in here. Sorry for the late greetings, but this new year has been exciting, and busy as well. Well here I am, back blogging.

So where do we start... hmm...

Oh yeah, I salute and dedicate a vigorous wave to year 2008. It was one of the most challenging years of my life. It was filled with spit in the face-down in the dirt-c'mon go ahead step on me periods. A lot of bumps, a few ravines, but somehow I made it across. Not unscathed though, but I do feel a sense of pride knowing I managed to pull myself out of one of my low points in my life.

Of course people tend to remember the bad, but 2008 was mix bag of good stuff as well. Partings with friends and loved ones was indeed difficult, but then you discover how valuable friendship is. You learn to keep the ones close, closer.

The biggest lesson for 2008 of course goes to the old favorite, "family responsibilities". Discovering a new role as I came home was a wake up call on how far I've journeyed through life.

To the end of 2008, I was greeted with with an excellent new job, a boost of confidence, new colorful people to call friends, and warm seasoned ones. Not forgetting, a wonderful encounter . So I'm spiteful at some things, and grateful for others. No regrets I guess, happy to come out smiling.

What will 2009 bring? Good times or bad? I'm pretty sure a mixture of both. I do enjoy dwelling in pessimism, but I can't help to think that 2009 will be a better 2008. So, I allow myself a bit of idealistic optimism.

Resolutions? Nothings specific I guess. I'll keep on doing what I'm doing and hopefully do it with more effort and enthusiasm. Of course I'll be keeping an eye on my health and continue to remind myself that the number 30 is right around the corner.

That's it chumps. All the best for this year. Hello 2009!

Blogging off....

5 comments:

Mazlina said...

Happy new year :)

May it be filled with good good times and all the best! *flirty winks*

Nadd said...

yeah may 2009 be a great year for u both.. looking at how you guys started it off ari tu...heheh...

Friction said...

mashliner > *beaming smile* Good times all the way! Happy New year. (^_^)/ Hopefully you'll achieve your targets this year.

nadd > You too bro. May 2009 be a great year for you too. Yup, wish us the best. I wish the best for 'both' of you too. hehe...

Nadd said...

bro gua ada tag lu.. hehehe
checkitout.. SINI

Khalisa Ridzuan said...

Nadd is nadir?????
igt minah mana.hahahha

eleh maz, main flirty winks plakkk ;p

selamat tahun baru both of you.hahahaha

Related Posts with Thumbnails